The Westport Weston Family YMCA enriches the community by developing and nurturing youth, promoting healthy living for all and fostering social responsibility.
We are men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life joined together by a shared passion: to deliver positive personal and social change to the communities we serve.
Since our founding in 1923, we’ve taught more than 35,000 local kids and adults how to swim. To further enhance water safety, we partner with Stew Leonard III Children’s Charities on a variety of special aquatics camps and programs;
• For the past 35 years, the Family Y has hosted weekly swim, gym and other activities for individuals with special needs served by Our Vision;
• Our Family Y makes free memberships and camp scholarships available for Westport’s Department of Human Services and Weston’s Social Services to utilize as they work with the 1,200 local families identified as in need;
• We provide opportunities for adults with special needs to work or volunteer at our Family Y and make possible weekly swim, gym and other activities for individuals with special needs served by the Our Vision non-profit agency;
• In collaboration with Norwalk Hospital’s Whittingham Cancer Center and Smilow Family Breast Health Center, our Cancer Survivors Program provides individuals in various stages of cancer treatment with 3-month free memberships and customized programming to support recovery;
• We provide memberships for at-risk youth served by A Better Chance and Project Return programs;
• Kids from Bridgeport swim at the Y courtesy of the Horizons program, run through Greens Farms Academy;
• The formerly homeless men now living in the Gillespie Center are able to use the Family Y for free through our partnership with Homes With Hope;
• We offer special events and programming for military veterans and offer free membership for families of active-duty servicemen and women;
• Our Family Y is a longtime sponsor of SpinOdyssey, which raises money for breast cancer research; the Family Y team is perennially among the top fundraisers;
• The Family Y is a member organization of Weston Community Service Coalition, which engages in community service to promote such service to and by the people of Weston.
• We enjoy a close and effective relationship with the American Red Cross, collaborating on programs such as lifeguard certification classes, sponsoring blood drives and lending support during local emergencies;