Nussbaum Kids’ Club
Located just past our Welcome Center, the Nussbaum Kids’ Club is a space designed just for children ages 6 weeks to 12 years old. With games, crafts and the Fort Mack playscape, it is sure to please our younger members while their guardians use the rest of the facility. Children must be 4 years old and wearing socks to enter Fort Mack. The Nussbaum Kids’ Club is free to WWFYMCA family members. Youth members, visiting members, or children of Adult members may use it for a $5 fee per visit.
Children may be in the room for up to 2 hours per day; guardians must remain in the building at all times. On weekends, and days where there is no school, there is a time limit of 1 hr and 15 minutes. Please be sure to list where you will be when signing in your child. The Nussbaum Kids’ Club is full of exciting things and supervised by our great YMCA staff. Parents are asked to sign their children into the room and then leave to use the rest of the Y. Parents and guardians may also wait at the cafe tables outside the room but may not remain in the room.
When dropping off, parents must wait for a staff member to greet them and must sign their child into the room. Staff may not sign children in for the parents. Parents must also sign out their child and let the staff know they are leaving.
If the person picking up is different from the person who dropped the child off, you must let the staff know of the change at drop off. The person picking up must show a form of ID. Please remember there must always be a guardian in the building.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday 8:00 am-1:30 pm
Monday – Friday 3:45 pm-8:00 pm
Saturday – 8:00 am- 2:00 pm
Sunday – 8:00 am-2:00 pm
- Please respect the health and well-being of the other children and staff in the room. Children who are visibly ill may not stay.
- This room is a nut-free space. If a staff member sees a snack containing nuts, they will discard it and notify the parent at pick-up.
- Staff may not administer any medications.
- Staff will not do any diaper changes and can’t help with bathroom accidents. Parents will be notified and asked to return to the room to handle any toileting problems. Staff will assist with clothing if needed.
Fort Mack is an exciting play feature in our Nussbaum Kids’ Club. In order to make sure everyone is safe and having fun, we require that participants follow the rules of the fort:
- Toys, food and beverages are not allowed in the fort.
- Children must be wearing socks while playing in the fort.
- Children must be at least 4 years old and no older than 12 to play in the fort.
- Rough-housing is not allowed in the fort.
For complete guidelines, please review our online Nussbaum Kids’ Club Handbook
For more information about the Nussbaum Kids’ Club, please contact Meg George, Director of Camp and Family Services; 203-226-8981 x119 email@example.com.