Nussbaum Kids’ Club
Located just past our Welcome Center, the Nussbaum Kids’ Club is a space designed for children ages 6 weeks to 12 years old. With games, toys and the Fort Mack playscape, it is sure to please our younger members while their guardians use the rest of the facility. Children must be 4 years old and wearing socks to enter Fort Mack. The Nussbaum Kids’ Club is free to WWFYMCA family members. Youth members, visiting members, or children of Adult members may use it for a $5 fee per visit.
Children may be in the room for up to 2 hours per day; guardians must remain in the building at all times. On weekends, and days where there is no school, there is a time limit of 1 hr and 15 minutes. Please be sure to list where you will be when signing in your child. The Nussbaum Kids’ Club is full of exciting things and supervised by our great YMCA staff. Parents are asked to sign their children into the room and then leave to use the rest of the Y. Parents and guardians may also wait at the cafe tables outside the room but may not remain in the room.
When dropping off, parents must wait for a staff member to greet them and must sign their child into the room. Staff may not sign children in for the parents. Parents must also sign out their child and let the staff know they are leaving.
If the person picking up is different from the person who dropped the child off, you must let the staff know of the change at drop off. The person picking up must show a form of ID. Please remember there must always be a guardian in the building.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday 8:00 am-1:30 pm
Monday – Friday 3:45 pm-8:00 pm
Saturday – 8:00 am- 2:00 pm
Sunday – 8:00 am-2:00 pm
Kids’ Club Guidelines
- Kids’ Club is nut free. Staff will dispose of any nuts that come into the room.
- Please do not bring in children who are ill. Please respect the health of others.
- Staff do not change diapers. Parents will be called back for diapers or bathroom issues.
- Fort Mack is for children ages 4-12. Socks must be worn inside.
- On days when there is no school, such as weekends, snow days or holidays, the time limit is 1 hour and 15 minutes. No exceptions. This is to help make sure everyone has a chance to put their children in the room.
- If you are turned away due to the number of children in the room, please be patient, we will try to get you in as soon as we can.
For complete guidelines, please review our online Nussbaum Kids Club Brochure
For more information about the Nussbaum Kids’ Club, please contact Meg George, Director of Camp and Family Services; 203-226-8981 x119 email@example.com.