WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU RETURN TO THE YMCA!
BEFORE ENTERING THE YMCA
- Everyone needs to sign a new waiver.
- Prior to entry, we will take your temperature and have a short health survey for you to complete.
- Masks are to be worn upon entering/exiting the building. Masks may be removed as you engage in physical activity where 12 feet of distance can be maintained. Physical distance must be maintained. Less than 6’, wear a mask. Inside classes will be spaced 12’ distance, no mask.
- All members must self check-in using their membership card, key fob or YMCA mobile app.
NEW RESERVATION SYSTEM
The YMCA will be using MotionVibe to assist with capacity limits required by the state. All members need to reserve time to use the Wellness Center, take a Group Fitness class or use the indoor and outdoor pools. Click on the logo below to set up an account and begin reserving your time at the YMCA. In the following weeks, we will have a downloadable MotionVibe app for your phone. Please note you can register for group fitness classes 7 days in advance or reserve time in the wellness center or pool 48 hours in advance.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Facility and Indoor Pool
Mon – Fri 6:00 am-8:00 pm
Sat – Sun 8:00 am-3:00pm
Tuesday & Thursday: 3:00pm-6:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 1:00pm-6:00pm
THERAPEUTIC SWIM – The warm pool will be open on a limited schedule. Therapeutic swim is intended for members who need the water for reasons other than to swim laps. (water walking, special needs assisted swimming, stretching, etc.)
• 1 hour reservations, 15-min cleaning.
• Monday-Friday 6:00am-2:30pm, Sunday 8:00am-2:00pm.
• There will be no use of the jets or splash pad during this time.
LIMITED PRIVATE LESSONS – No-contact swim lessons.
• Swim lessons will be taught as a parent and tot lesson.
• Older swimmers will swim laps and receive stroke technique.
• Monday-Thursday 3:00-6:00pm, Friday 3:00-5:15pm, Saturday 8:00-11:00am.
• All lessons are 30 min with a 15-min cleaning buffer.
Questions? Please contact Jennifer McDonald, Aquatics Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday- Friday 4:00pm- 6:00pm
- Saturday- Sunday 1:00pm- 6:00pm
- Beginning Sep. 8
- Tues/Thurs 3:00 pm-6:00 pm
- Sat – Sun 1:00 pm-6:00 pm
Family Swim at our brand new outdoor pool at YMCA Camp Mahackeno will open on Saturday, July 18! Reservations must be made via MotionVibe.
FAMILY SWIM – Beginning Saturday, July 18.
• Saturday and Sunday 1:00-6:00pm.
• 1 hr reservation, 15-min cleaning buffer.
• 1 family in splash pad.
• 2 families in the shallow end area.
ADDITIONAL OPTIONS FOR YOUTH SWIMMERS – Youth ages 8-14 will be allowed to swim with parent supervision.
• Youth 8-12: Parent must sit on deck, wear a mask and observe child swimming.
• Youth 12-14: Parent can swim in lane next to child. Parent and youth must both register and swim in separate lanes. Lap swim only. If the youth is playing, he/she will be asked to forfeit their lane.
WHAT IS AVAILABLE NOW?
- Wellness Center (cardio, strength and free weights)
- Pool Indoor and Outdoor (lap swim, Aqua Fit and swim team)
- Group Fitness classes (virtual, outside and inside)
- Personal & small group training (virtual, outside and inside)
- Group Fitness classes will resume Monday, June 22, on a modified schedule with limited capacity. Reservations will be required via MotionVibe: westporty.motionvibe.com.
- Cycle classes: Bikes are spaced 12’ apart.
- Please bring your own mat and yoga/Pilates props. We will not be providing any during the initial phase.
- Please bring your own water bottle. Fountains will not be in use.
- All equipment including hand weights, steps/risers, barres, etc., must be wiped down
upon completion of your class. Equipment will be cleaned and left to dry.
- We will continue to offer virtual classes via Zoom. Links are posted: westporty.org/schedules.
LOCKER ROOMS & POOLS
- Swimmers need to reserve time to use the pool via MotionVibe.
- Enter the indoor pool through the Family Locker Room.
- Showers and locker rooms will be limited to use of the restrooms. Additional restrooms and hall lockers are available in the new expansion.
- Swimmers should shower and suit up prior to coming to the YMCA.
- The warm pool, sauna and steam rooms are closed. No free swim or swim lessons will be available at this time.
- After your hour of swim, please exit the pool area using the Emergency Exit to assist with one way traffic at the Y and ensure proper social distancing.
- Please note the outdoor pool is available June 29.
YMCA FACILITY NOTES
- All HVAC ventilation systems exchange outside air.
- The existing system uses pleated high-efficiency filters.
- The HVAC system is designed to automatically balance outside air, heating, cooling and humidity.
- The Westport Weston Family YMCA will do its part to ensure the health and safety of our members and staff, and we ask that you do the same. If you do not feel well, please, do not come to the Y.