THE YMCA COVID EXPOSURE RETURN POLICY
If you have been notified of any exposure to COVID-19 we ask that you read our policy before returning to the YMCA and respect the safety of those around you. Thank You.
THE WESTPORT WESTON FAMILY YMCA RESPONDS TO CT STATE GUIDELINE CHANGES
Effective March 22, 2021
BEFORE ENTERING THE YMCA
- Everyone needs to sign a new waiver.
- Prior to entry, we will ask you a short series of health questions related to your potential COVID-19 exposure.
- Masks are REQUIRED to be worn at all times in all locations of the facility including common areas, locker rooms, restrooms, Wellness Center (cardio & strength equipment), Group Fitness classes, gymnasium. Masks may be removed before entering the pool.
- Masks need to be worn properly covering both the nose and mouth.
- All members must self check-in using their membership card, key fob or YMCA mobile app.
While State-mandated facility capacity limits will be lifted, social distancing guidelines do still remain in effect. To adhere to current social distancing guidelines, our capacity will remain temporarily limited throughout the facility and our reservation system will remain in effect in certain areas.
Reservations will no longer be required for use of the Wellness Center.
Reservations still in effect:
- Group Fitness
- Member Gym (Basketball)
- Lap Swimming (Options available for 1 and 2 person lanes)
- Aqua Fitness
The YMCA will be using MotionVibe to accommodate reservations.
Click on the logo below to set up an account and begin reserving your time at the YMCA. Please note you can register for group fitness classes 7 days in advance or reserve time in the pool 48 hours in advance.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Facility and Indoor Pool
Mon – Fri 6:00 am-8:00 pm
Sat – Sun 8:00 am-3:00pm
- During peak volume times, described as times all available cardio equipment is in use, we ask that members show courtesy and limit usage to 30 minutes on cardio equipment.
- Age requirements: Members ages 10-13 can use the Wellness Center under supervision of an active adult member. Ages 14+ can use the Wellness Center on their own
THERAPEUTIC SWIM – The warm pool will be open on a limited schedule. Therapeutic swim is intended for members who need the water for reasons other than to swim laps. (water walking, special needs assisted swimming, stretching, etc.)
• 1 hour reservations, 15-min cleaning.
• Monday-Friday 6:00am-2:30pm, Sunday 8:00am-3:00pm.
• There will be no use of the jets or splash pad during this time.
LIMITED PRIVATE LESSONS – No-contact swim lessons.
• Swim lessons will be taught as a parent and tot lesson.
• Older swimmers will swim laps and receive stroke technique.
• Monday-Thursday 3:00-6:00pm, Friday 3:00-5:15pm, Saturday 8:00-11:00am.
• All lessons are 30 min with a 15-min cleaning buffer.
Questions? Please contact Josephine Rojas
WHAT IS AVAILABLE NOW?
- Wellness Center (cardio, strength and free weights)
- Pool (lap swim, Aqua Fit and swim team)
- Group Fitness classes (virtual, outside and inside)
- Personal & small group training (virtual, outside and inside)
- Group Fitness classes are on a modified schedule with limited capacity. Reservations: westporty.motionvibe.com.
- Cycle classes: Bikes are spaced 12’ apart.
- Please bring your own mat and yoga/Pilates props. We are not currently able to provide these items.
- Please bring your own water bottle. Fountains will not be in use.
- All equipment including hand weights, steps/risers, barres, etc., must be wiped down
upon completion of your class. Equipment will be cleaned and left to dry.
- We will continue to offer virtual classes via Zoom. Links are available in class details in MotionVibe.
LOCKER ROOMS & POOLS
- Swimmers need to reserve time to use the pool via MotionVibe.
- Showers and locker rooms are available at limited capacity. Additional restrooms and hall lockers are available in the new expansion.
- The sauna and steam rooms are closed.
YMCA FACILITY NOTES
- All HVAC ventilation systems exchange outside air.
- The existing system uses pleated high-efficiency filters.
- The HVAC system is designed to automatically balance outside air, heating, cooling and humidity.
- The Westport Weston Family YMCA will do its part to ensure the health and safety of our members and staff, and we ask that you do the same. If you do not feel well, please, do not come to the Y.
- Due to current Covid-19 protocols we are unable to allow spectators for all classes and programs.