THE YMCA COVID EXPOSURE RETURN POLICY
If you have been notified of any exposure to COVID-19 we ask that you read our policy before returning to the YMCA and respect the safety of those around you. Thank You.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU RETURN TO THE YMCA!
BEFORE ENTERING THE YMCA
- Everyone needs to sign a new waiver.
- Prior to entry, we will take your temperature and have a short health survey for you to complete.
- Masks are REQUIRED to be worn at all times in all locations of the facility including common areas, locker rooms, restrooms, Wellness Center (cardio & strength equipment), Group Fitness classes, gymnasium. Masks may be removed before entering the pool.
- All members must self check-in using their membership card, key fob or YMCA mobile app.
The YMCA will be using MotionVibe to assist with capacity limits required by the state. All members need to reserve time to use the Wellness Center, take a Group Fitness class or use the pools. Click on the logo below to set up an account and begin reserving your time at the YMCA. Please note you can register for group fitness classes 7 days in advance or reserve time in the wellness center or pool 48 hours in advance.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Facility and Indoor Pool
Mon – Fri 6:00 am-8:00 pm
Sat – Sun 8:00 am-3:00pm
THERAPEUTIC SWIM – The warm pool will be open on a limited schedule. Therapeutic swim is intended for members who need the water for reasons other than to swim laps. (water walking, special needs assisted swimming, stretching, etc.)
• 1 hour reservations, 15-min cleaning.
• Monday-Friday 6:00am-2:30pm, Sunday 8:00am-3:00pm.
• There will be no use of the jets or splash pad during this time.
LIMITED PRIVATE LESSONS – No-contact swim lessons.
• Swim lessons will be taught as a parent and tot lesson.
• Older swimmers will swim laps and receive stroke technique.
• Monday-Thursday 3:00-6:00pm, Friday 3:00-5:15pm, Saturday 8:00-11:00am.
• All lessons are 30 min with a 15-min cleaning buffer.
Questions? Please contact Josephine Rojas
WHAT IS AVAILABLE NOW?
- Wellness Center (cardio, strength and free weights)
- Pool (lap swim, Aqua Fit and swim team)
- Group Fitness classes (virtual, outside and inside)
- Personal & small group training (virtual, outside and inside)
- Group Fitness classes are on a modified schedule with limited capacity. Reservations: westporty.motionvibe.com.
- Cycle classes: Bikes are spaced 12’ apart.
- Please bring your own mat and yoga/Pilates props. We are not currently able to provide these items.
- Please bring your own water bottle. Fountains will not be in use.
- All equipment including hand weights, steps/risers, barres, etc., must be wiped down
upon completion of your class. Equipment will be cleaned and left to dry.
- We will continue to offer virtual classes via Zoom. Links are available in class details in MotionVibe.
LOCKER ROOMS & POOLS
- Swimmers need to reserve time to use the pool via MotionVibe.
- Showers and locker rooms are available at limited capacity. Additional restrooms and hall lockers are available in the new expansion.
- The sauna and steam rooms are closed.
- After your hour of swim, please exit the pool area using the Emergency Exit to assist with one way traffic at the Y and ensure proper social distancing.
YMCA FACILITY NOTES
- All HVAC ventilation systems exchange outside air.
- The existing system uses pleated high-efficiency filters.
- The HVAC system is designed to automatically balance outside air, heating, cooling and humidity.
- The Westport Weston Family YMCA will do its part to ensure the health and safety of our members and staff, and we ask that you do the same. If you do not feel well, please, do not come to the Y.