A MESSAGE FROM OUR CEO ON FACILITY UPDATES
Dear YMCA Members and Friends,
Thank you for your warm welcome. I am delighted and honored to be your new CEO and look forward to serving you and this vibrant community. Please feel free to say hello when you’re next in the building as I’d like to become acquainted with you.
If you haven’t heard already, I have some good news to share. Last week, Governor Lamont and state and local authorities lifted many restrictions for vaccinated individuals in CT. Thus, it is with great enthusiasm that I invite and welcome you to our Y.
What does this mean for you?
- Starting immediately, our YMCA is a mask optional facility. Vaccinated individuals no longer need to wear a mask while doing a group exercise class or working out in the Wellness Center, while playing basketball or pickleball, or walking on the pool deck or through our facility. Masks are still required in childcare and school age settings per the Office of Early childhood. We ask that our members and staff honor and follow CDC guidelines for vaccinated individuals, particularly as they pertain to masks and social distancing. Also, if you are vaccinated and feel more comfortable wearing a mask, you should!
- We know you’ll be happy to learn:
- We offer more than 50 in-person and virtual group fitness classes each week. Our group fitness instructors are eager to see you at the Y. You can reserve your spot here.
- Starting June, 1, lap swim capacity will double and you’ll no longer have to make a reservation to reserve a lane. Additionally, if you choose to swim for longer than sixty minutes, you’ll be able to do so.
- The sauna and steam room are open for your use, starting immediately.
- Gymnastics Team parents/guardians are welcome to observe their child on Mondays and Thursdays from our waiting area. Per local authorities, masks are required in our gymnastics area.
- Swim Team parents/guardians may watch their swimmer’s practice on Mondays, Thursdays, and Saturdays from the observation deck. Per local authorities, masks are required in the swim observation area.
- Personal Training will help you achieve your fitness goals in a post-covid world. Our certified instructors are ready to help you on your wellness journey.
- Safety around water and minimizing the risk of drowning is a key YMCA priority. Group and individual swim lessons are now available.
- We’re diligently working to clear our summer camp waitlist and have added more summer camps for you to consider.
- If your membership is on hold, we invite you to reactivate your membership to take advantage of our fabulous Outdoor Center with its large, heated lap pool, family splash pad, two giant slides, access to the waterfront for canoeing and more. The Outdoor Center is open to members only from June 1 through September 30.
- If you have a friend who is not yet a member at our Y, please invite them to stop by the Y and let our Membership staff know they are interested to Try the Y for free for a week. We confident that our world class facility and our wonderful Outdoor Center will wow them.
- Finally, our Y welcomes all and financial assistance is available to those who need it.
We hope you know that we’ve missed you at our Y and we can’t wait to see you soon. Here’s to a happy and healthy return to normalcy in the days ahead.
CEO, Westport Weston Family YMCA
COVID- 19 WAIVER REQUIRED
- Everyone needs to sign the COVID-19 waiver before entering the YMCA.
Reservations will no longer be required for use of the Wellness Center, Gymnasium, or Lap Swimming. Lanes will go back to beginner, intermediate and advanced. Beginners can have up to 2 members per lane, intermediate 3 per lane and advance 3 per lane.
Reservations still in effect:
- Group Fitness
- Aqua Fitness
- Family Swim and Splash Pad at both the indoor and outdoor pools
The YMCA will be using MotionVibe to accommodate reservations.
Click on the logo below to set up an account . Please note you can register for group fitness classes 7 days in advance or reserve time in the pool 48 hours in advance.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Facility and Indoor Pool
Mon – Fri 5:30 am – 9:00 pm
Sat – Sun 7:00 am – 6:00 pm
- During peak volume times, described as times all available cardio equipment is in use, we ask that members show courtesy and limit usage to 30 minutes on cardio equipment.
- Age requirements: Members ages 10-13 can use the Wellness Center under supervision of an active adult member. Ages 14+ can use the Wellness Center on their own
WHAT IS AVAILABLE NOW?
- Wellness Center (cardio, strength and free weights)
- Pool (lap swim, Aqua Fit and swim team)
- Group Fitness classes (virtual, outside and inside)
- Personal & small group training (virtual, outside and inside)
- Mahackeno Outdoor Center
YMCA FACILITY NOTES
- All HVAC ventilation systems exchange outside air.
- The existing system uses pleated high-efficiency filters.
- The HVAC system is designed to automatically balance outside air, heating, cooling and humidity.
- The Westport Weston Family YMCA will do its part to ensure the health and safety of our members and staff, and we ask that you do the same. If you do not feel well, please, do not come to the Y.
THE YMCA COVID EXPOSURE RETURN POLICY
If you have been notified of any exposure to COVID-19 we ask that you read our policy before returning to the YMCA and respect the safety of those around you. Thank You.