Founded in 1923, the Westport Weston Family YMCA is a charitable, nonprofit membership organization that welcomes people of all ages, races, religions, abilities and financial circumstances.
The Family YMCA’s mission is to develop youth, promote healthy living and foster a sense of social responsibility.
Join For $0 In January!
Come join us! Be a part of something special by joining our wonderful community, and pay NO JOIN FEE throughout the month of January 2017! Check out all the great benefits of becoming a Family YMCA member:
- Over 90 Group Wellness classes
- Priority program registration for Family Members
- Full access to all Family YMCA facilities
- Complimentary Wellness Center Orientation
- Complimentary FITSTART Program
- Family Time programs
- Kids’ Club – free service for Family Members
- 25-yard lap pool, shallow area for aqua fitness, warm-water pool for therapy, lessons and family fun
- Youth and Adult Recreation
- Parent-child classes
- Summer weekend usage of Camp Mahackeno Outdoor Center
- reciprocal privileges with YMCA”s throughout New England and the USA through the YMCA’s AWAY Program
Membership Gift Cards
Looking for a great gift idea? Give the gift of a healthy lifestyle to friends and family by presenting them with a YMCA Membership Gift Card. You can purchase the monthly or yearly amount for any membership type, or select the amount of your choice, which your gift recipient can then apply to a membership payment.
We also offer Gift Cards for YMCA programs, including Swim Lessons, School-Age Child Care and Camp Mahackeno, Personal Training, Gymnastics, Sports & Recreation, Dance, or any other Family YMCA fee-based program.
YMCA Gift Cards can be purchased for all occasions –anniversaries, birthdays, weddings, mitzvahs and more! Simply stop by the YMCA’s Welcome Center to speak with a Membership Engagement Staff.
Find Your Fit at Our Y
Membership at the Westport Weston Family YMCA entitles you to enjoy our 10-lane, 25-yard lap pool and adjacent warm-water family/teaching/ therapeutic pool; Health & Wellness Center with expansive views of the Saugatuck River; multi-purpose Gymnasium; three group-fitness studios; a Kids’ Club child watch area; five locker rooms, including one for those with dependent care; and other amenities of a modern, family-oriented Y facility.
You may also participate in wide range of physical, recreational, aquatic and enrichment programs and classes. To view the current brochure of Family Y classes & activities, please click on this link.
Kit Locker Rentals
Kit Locker rentals in the Men’s and Women’s Locker Rooms are available for monthly or annual rental. Kit lockers are the mall lockers with the traditional black Master Lock combinations and are ideal to store toiletries, shoes, towels, etc.
Kit Locker Rental Fees: Monthly $15 Annual: $180
If interested in renting a kit locker, please complete a Kit Locker Rental Request at the Welcome Center
Member 2 Member Program
This new program aims to connect members who share the same health and wellness goals, interests and passions. Free to all members, this initiative is for anyone looking for fellowship in:
- Attending a group fitness class
- Swimming laps
- Lifting weights
- Outdoor exercise
- Motivational help
- Pre or Post workout socialization
- Carpooling to the YMCA
- Any other reason to enjoy the YMCA!
If you would like to join the Family YMCA’s Member 2 Member program, simply complete the one-page registration form and return it to a Member Engagement Staff at the Welcome Center. You can also email the completed pdf directly to Brian Marazzi, Membership Engagement Director, at email@example.com.
“We’re always looking for ways to help our members get the most out of belonging to our YMCA,” Marazzi says. “Everybody knows that staying motivated is key to achieving fitness goals, but what’s not often talked about is the anxiety a lot of people face in even taking the first steps toward a healthier lifestyle.”
Wellness Center Member Benefits
Our qualified staff will provide you with an introduction to the equipment in the Wellness Center and design a basic exercise program to get you started. New Members may also take advantage of our FitSTART program, a complimentary six-week program for Y members ages 16 and older that’s designed to help them improve their health and wellness the RIGHT way. Current members are also welcome to take part in this program.
Over the six-week span, a Y Wellness Coach will take the member through a progressive program centered on nutrition, strength training, cardiovascular health and stress management techniques. The goal is simple: to improve a participant’s overall health and wellness.
A full-body strength equipment orientation is included and performed on the first of the six appointments. The member will meet with his or her Wellness Coach once per week, by appointment. Each week is devoted to different tasks that the member is set up to complete between appointments. “With each appointment, we are giving Y members the tools necessary to work out, eat healthier, reduce stress and ultimately lose weight on their own,” says Health & Wellness Director Alexei Bachuretz.
Become a Y Family
The Family YMCA offers recreational and fitness activities for the whole family. We offer a wide variety of memberships to suit your needs.
- Camp Mahackeno Summer Day Camp
- Hafaday Swim Lesson Program
- 200-Member Water Rat Swim Team
- Acclaimed Gymnastic Teams (Gymnastics Programming is offered at our Y Gymnastics Center, 145 Main St. in Norwalk.)
What You As a Member Can Expect
- You will be warmly welcomed and treated respectfully at all times
- You will feel safe and well-cared for while at the Y
- The Y’s grounds, building and equipment will be clean and safe
- Information regarding programs and services will be accurate and up to date
- Y staff will personify the Y’s mission
- You will be the main priority of professional, well-trained and friendly staff
- Y staff will be visible and readily available to you
- You will belong to a cause-driven, well-managed organization
- Your opinions are welcome, and your inquiries will be addressed in a timely manner – speak to a Member Engagement Specialist at our Welcome Center, or if you prefer, complete a Member’s Voice card (available at our Welcome Center) or click on our online suggestion box.
A Welcoming Place
As a charitable nonprofit organization, our Family YMCA does not turn away residents due to a lack of ability to pay for memberships or programs. To apply for financial assistance for a Family YMCA membership, please stop by our Member Service Desk for an application or click on the link below:
Y of the USA “AWAY” Program
Members of the Family YMCA may visit other YMCAs participating in the “AWAY” (Always Welcome At the Y) program. Each Y sets its own policy, but most honor out-of-state Y membership free of charge. In addition, reciprocal relationships have been established with many Ys throughout New England.
Members from Y’s outside of New England may visit the Westport Weston Family YMCA a total of three times for free. Following the third free visit, individuals must open a membership with the Westport Weston Family YMCA or pay a daily guest fee.
Membership On Hold Program
The Westport Weston Family YMCA’s Membership on Hold Program is for any member who wishes to temporarily cancel their membership and will be returning. Memberships can be put on hold for one month, two months, or three months in succession or three individual months per calendar year. Members who place their membership account on hold will not be subject to repayment of the Join Fee once the on-hold term is complete and they agree to begin their automatic monthly draft.
Please stop by the Membership Services desk to complete a Membership on Hold form, or download the form below.
For more information about Family YMCA membership, please call Brian Marazzi, Membership Engagement Director, at 203-226-8981, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.