As an added benefit of being part of our Y family, your Westport Weston Family YMCA membership allows access to more than 2,500 YMCA locations in the United States and Puerto Rico, at no additional cost! Because being a part of our Y family means you’ll be close to ‘home’ everywhere you go. Whether you are traveling on the west coast for business or visiting relatives down south, or want to visit another local Y for the occasional change of scene, all Ys are open to Y members to provide a safe and welcoming environment for everyone – no matter where you are. Nationwide Membership is an essential part of our collaborative cause to strengthen communities across the nation.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
Planning to take advantage of your Nationwide Membership privileges? There are a few guidelines to know and follow when you travel. To prepare for an easy check-in process upon your first visit to any participating Nationwide YMCA, you will be asked to:
• Present your Driver’s License to the Member Services desk
• Sign a Guest Waiver
• Sign a Nationwide Membership Waiver (You will only need to complete this once)
Please note, in the event your name does not come up in the Nationwide Membership database at check-in, please ask the visiting YMCA to contact the Westport Weston Family YMCA at (203)226–8981 to provide confirmation of your membership.
For returning visits to any Nationwide YMCAs you’ve previously visited:
• Simply stop at the Member Service desk to check-in by providing your name and the name of your home YMCA
While you will only have to sign the Nationwide Membership Waiver once, you will be required to present your Driver’s License and sign a one-time guest waiver for each new location you choose to visit.
You should expect variation among facility offerings, services, programs and classes, including potential participation restrictions. If you are interested in participating in a specific class or program at the YMCA you are visiting or learning more about their services, we suggest calling ahead for information.
• You must have an active membership to be eligible for Nationwide Membership.
• On average, at least 50% of your visits must be to your Home YMCA (the local association that enrolled you and collects your membership dues).
• If you have known periods of seasonal travel (when you will not be using your Home Y at least 50% of the time or will be a resident of another area for more than 28 days), you will need to place your Home Y membership on hold or cancel it, and join the Y where you will be living for that time period. Please plan ahead, as it may take several weeks to place your account on hold.
• If you are a college student, you will need to join the YMCA, where your usage is 50% or greater. Nationwide Membership is based on individual usage, not the family unit. Most Ys have a young adult or college membership option or you can ask about the financial assistance program.
• A photo ID is required for all visitors. Please be prepared to present your photo ID at the Y you are visiting for a seamless check-in experience.
• You will be asked to sign a waiver when visiting other YMCA locations.
We offer Nationwide Membership because we want to help you reach your health and wellness goals wherever you live, work or travel. This is an essential part of our cause of strengthening communities and hope you enjoy being part of more YMCA communities.
If you have specific questions about the rules of the program, please get in touch with the Membership Director at your home branch:
Westport Weston Family YMCA: Brian Marazzi, Director of Membership: (e) firstname.lastname@example.org (p) (203)226–8982
WESTPORT WESTON FAMILY YMCA GUESTS & RECIPROCITY POLICIES
NON MEMBERS & FACILITY USAGE:
• Must pay for day pass to utilize facility and can use facility at any time during operational hours.
• Adult day pass: $20
• Youth day pass: $10
• Non-Member adults not actively using facility and are just here to supervise children
must still pay for a day pass.
MEMBER GUEST POLICIES
• Family Members ages 0-13 can bring a guest and must be accompanied by an adult member.
• Members ages 14 and over permitted to bring guests.
• Each individual guest permitted 2 free visits per calendar year. Following 2nd free visit guest
must purchase a day pass or join to utilize the facility.
OUTDOOR POOL POLICIES
• YMCA membership required for all patrons
• Member-guests not permitted
• Paid guests not permitted
• Reciprocal members not permitted
• Parents/guardians of active Youth members required to upgrade to family membership to use
outdoor pool and splash pad facilities
• 4 visit per month maximum
• Blackout Periods: school holidays, school vacation break weeks, holidays which include modified
1. Easter Sunday
2. Memorial Day
3. July 4
4. Labor Day
6. Christmas Eve
7. New Year’s Eve
8. New Year’s Day
WHICH YMCA CAN I GO TO?
VISIT YMCA.NET TO FIND A PARTICIPATING Y LOCATION IN THE AREA YOU ARE VISITING
YMCAs local to our area that are part of the Nationwide Membership Program include:
• Darien YMCA: (203)–655–8228 | www.darien-ymca.org
• Fairfield YMCA: (203)–255–2834 | www.cccymca.org
• New Canaan YMCA: (203)–966–4528 | www.newcanaanymca.org
• (Wilton) Riverbrook YMCA: (203)–255–2834 | www.cccymca.org
Outside of the local Ys listed above, we recommend that you call the YMCA you plan on visiting ahead of time to ensure they participate in the Nationwide Membership program. If you know you are heading out of town, feel free to stop by the Member Services Desk at your local Y and sign the Nationwide waiver in-branch. Then you are all set to enjoy the benefits of nationwide membership!
WE CARE ABOUT YOUR SAFETY
As your safety, and that of your family’s, is always our primary concern, please know our YMCAs conduct regular sex offender screenings on all members, participants and guests. If a sex offender match occurs, the YMCA reserves the right to cancel membership, end program participation, and remove visitation access.