Invest in Your Community Today!
Support the Annual Campaign to support the
Financial Assistance Program
Your support enables to the Westport Weston Family YMCA to…
- Provide financial assistance for memberships and program fees to local families and individuals in need
- Offer free lifesaving programs to the community including the Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring Program, Regenerate Program for Cancer Survivors and the Phase 3 Cardiac Rehab Program
- Provide water safety programs for children in and around the community
- Bring happiness to thousands of families who benefit from our programs and services
- Fulfill the YMCA’s mission of enriching the community by developing and nurturing youth, promoting healthy living for all and fostering social responsibility
The Westport Weston Family YMCA is a nonprofit charitable agency with a 501(c) 3 tax status. It is not part of the town government and relies solely on membership fees — which cover only the programs and services used — and contributions from generous members and donors in the community.
In 2018, the YMCA made the following impact in our local community:
- Family YMCA Members Who Received Financial Assistance or Scholarship Aid in 2018: 1,800
- Direct Financial Assistance for Membership and Program Fees: $502,000
- Community Outreach Programs and Indirect Support of Nonprofit Partners: $102,000
- Bedford Family Social Responsibility Fund Grants Awarded: $250,000
In 2015, the YMCA Board of Trustees established the Bedford Family Social Responsibility Fund (the “Fund”) to give back to the community and carry forward the legacy of Ruth Bedford. The purpose of the Fund is to provide grants to organizations that focus on closing the “achievement gap” in education.
2018 Total Community Support: $854,000
There are many ways to support your YMCA and every gift is greatly appreciated and needed.
- You can donate using Cash, Check or Credit Card
- You can donate stock
- You can make a planned gift – click here to learn more
For more information, please contact Danielle LeBrando, Chief Development Officer, at 203-226-8984 or firstname.lastname@example.org