Invest in Your Community Today!
Support the Annual Campaign and support
Members of Your Community
Your support enables to the Westport Weston Family YMCA to…
- Provide financial assistance for memberships and program fees to local families and individuals in need
- Offer free lifesaving programs to the community including the Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring Program, Regenerate Program for Cancer Survivors and the Phase 3 Cardiac Rehab Program
- Provide water safety programs for children in and around the community
- Bring happiness to thousands of families who benefit from our programs and services
- Fulfill the YMCA’s mission of enriching the community by developing and nurturing youth, promoting healthy living for all and fostering social responsibility
The Westport Weston Family YMCA is a nonprofit charitable agency with a 501(c) 3 tax status. It is not part of the town government and relies solely on membership fees — which cover only the programs and services used — and contributions from generous members and donors in the community.
In 2020, the YMCA made the following impact in our local community:
- $427,000 was given out in to people in our community to be members and participate in programs.
- 30 children out of the 728 children that attended YMCA Camp Mahackeno were given Camperships totaling $25,082.
- The Y provided 604 life-saving swim lessons.
- When the facility was closed from March 2020 through June 2020, Y staff called over 800 senior members to check in on them.
- 83 Children had a safe place to go after school and the Y provided 19 families financial assistance totaling $28,563.
- Bedford Family Social Responsibility Fund Grants Awarded: $280,000
In 2015, the YMCA Board of Trustees established the Bedford Family Social Responsibility Fund (the “Fund”) to give back to the community and carry forward the legacy of Ruth Bedford. The purpose of the Fund is to provide grants to organizations that focus on closing the “achievement gap” in education.
There are many ways to support your YMCA and every gift is greatly appreciated and needed.
- You can donate using Cash, Check or Credit Card
- You can donate stock
- You can make a planned gift – click here to learn more
For more information, please contact Anjali McCormick, Chief Executive Officer, at 203-226-8981 or firstname.lastname@example.org