The Staff Accountant/Financial Analyst position will primarily report into the CFO performing a variety of functions including preparing bank reconciliations, assisting with end of month/year end close, assist with preparation of tax and compliances and producing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports. In addition, this position will also support the CEO which will include providing data analysis for different lines of business and assist in preparing reports for executive staff and board meetings.
- Minimum (3) years working as a Staff Accountant or Financial Analyst
- Prior experience preparing and producing analytical reporting for CFO and/or CEO
- Experience using Power BI is highly preferred
- Strong analytical, decision making and problem solving skills
- Experience using MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Attention to accuracy and detail
- Bachelor’s degree Required preferably in a finance related field
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Assist with Month end and Year end close process
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Maintain fixed asset files, schedules and inventory
- Investment account reconciliation and preparing corresponding entries
- Assist with external annual audit
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile revenue, expense, accounts receivable and deferred revenue activity
- Assist with preparation of tax and compliance filings
- Perform data discovery, analysis and reporting
- Develop and maintain reporting tools to create reports, dashboards and PowerPoint decks
- Produce monthly, quarterly, and annual reports which include key metrics, financial results and variance reports
- Provide analytical reporting and project support to Senior Management
Critical Thinking & Decision Making: Makes informed decisions based on logic, data, and sound judgment.
Program/ Project management: Ensures programs or project goals are met and intended
Communication & Influence: Listens and expresses self effectively, and in a way that engages, inspires and builds commitment to the Y’s cause.
Functional Expertise: Executes superior technical skills for the role.
Developing Self & others: Develops self and supports others, both formally and informally, to achieve their highest potential.
TO APPLY: Email completed employment application (link below), cover letter and resume to Human Resources.