CAMP IS THE PERFECT SUMMER JOB
GREAT MONEY. GREAT SUMMER SCHEDULE. Make $4,000+ in 7 weeks. 8:30AM-4:00PM from Mon-Fri. Have your evenings free!
BUILD YOUR RESUME. Camp jobs teach leadership, communication skills, problem solving, responsibility and so much more.
HAVE FUN WHILE YOU WORK. Sports, swimming, canoeing, arts and crafts — be a part of the best summer camp ever!
The Westport YMCA operates two large summer camp programs.
CAMP MAHACKENO: A day camp for children entering K – 8th grade. Some activities include swimming, archery, canoeing, sports, science, and arts & crafts.
REQUIREMENTS: Shifts are 8:30AM-6:00PM, with extra hours available for Pre-Care, 7:00-8:30AM & Post-Care, 3:00-6:00PM. A minimum commitment of 7 weeks is required. All staff must complete 25-30 hours of mandatory staff training prior to the camp season.
CAMP HAFADAY: A day camp for children ages 3-6 years old. Children enjoy swimming, crafts, sports, and more.
REQUIREMENTS: Shifts are 8:00AM-1:00PM or 8:00AM-3:30PM. A minimum commitment of 6 weeks is required. All staff must complete 25-30 hours of mandatory staff training prior to the camp season
View the below list to see all the positions we are currently hiring for.
COUNSELOR | AGE: 16+
• Lead a group of 6-10 campers through a day of camp
• Facilitate games and activities
• Ensure the safety and well being of campers
SPECIALIST-NON CHALLENGE COURSE | AGE: 17+
• Leads program area activities. May lead arts, crafts, sports, theater, archery (certification required), etc.
• Plans and executes specialized area of camp
SPECIALIST-CHALLENGE COURSE | AGE: 18+
• May lead ropes course or bouldering activities
• Low Ropes training required (provided)
• Must exhibit a high level of risk management skills
LIFEGUARD/SWIM INSTRUCTOR | AGE: 16+
• Ensures the safety of all participants in and around the pool and waterfront area
• Leads swim lessons daily
• May instruct boating activities (additional certifications required)
UNIT DIRECTOR | AGE: 18+ (min. 1 year of college)
• Oversees a team of counselors
• Plans camp programming and ensures its execution
• Ensures all camp policies and best practices are followed
• Serves as a main link between camp and camper families for behavior and other communications
• Previous camp experience preferred
BUS DRIVER | AGE: 21+
• TUE-FRI | 8:30AM-4PM
• MUST HAVE CURRENT CDL with passenger endorsement