THE WESTPORT YMCA OPERATES TWO LARGE SUMMER CAMP PROGRAMS.
CAMP MAHACKENO: A day camp for children entering K – 8th grade. Some activities include swimming, archery, canoeing, sports, science, and arts & crafts.
REQUIREMENTS: Shifts are 8:30AM-6:00PM, with extra hours available for Pre-Care, 7:00-8:30AM & Post-Care, 3:00-6:00PM. A minimum commitment of 7 weeks is required. All staff must complete 25-30 hours of mandatory staff training prior to the camp season.
CAMP HAFADAY: A day camp for children ages 3-6 years old. Children enjoy swimming, crafts, sports, and more.
REQUIREMENTS: Shifts are 8:00AM-1:00PM or 8:00AM-3:30PM. A minimum commitment of 6 weeks is required. All staff must complete 25-30 hours of mandatory staff training prior to the camp season
View the below list to see all the positions we are currently hiring for.
COUNSELOR | AGE: 16+
• Lead a group of 6-10 campers through a day of camp
• Facilitate games and activities
• Ensure the safety and well being of campers
SPECIALIST-NON CHALLENGE COURSE | AGE: 17+
• Leads program area activities. May lead arts, crafts, sports, theater, archery (certification required), etc.
• Plans and executes specialized area of camp
SPECIALIST-CHALLENGE COURSE | AGE: 18+
• May lead ropes course or bouldering activities
• Low Ropes training required (provided)
• Must exhibit a high level of risk management skills
LIFEGUARD/SWIM INSTRUCTOR | AGE: 16+
• Ensures the safety of all participants in and around the pool and waterfront area
• Leads swim lessons daily
• May instruct boating activities (additional certifications required)
UNIT DIRECTOR | AGE: 18+ (min. 1 year of college)
• Oversees a team of counselors
• Plans camp programming and ensures its execution
• Ensures all camp policies and best practices are followed
• Serves as a main link between camp and camper families for behavior and other communications
• Previous camp experience preferred
BUS DRIVER | AGE: 21+
• TUE-FRI | 8:30AM-4PM
• MUST HAVE CURRENT CDL with passenger endorsement