Join Our Team
We invite you to join our team — to develop your skills, to realize your leadership potential and to discover a career that is so much more than a job. You’ll have fun, learn new skills, and develop meaningful relationships that will benefit you and your family for years to come.
We offer both full-time and part-time positions in a variety of areas as well as seasonal employment.
Scroll to view our current openings and even begin the online application process. We believe strong communities start with strong, healthy, and connected staff. We offer comprehensive benefits determined by your employment status and tenure within the YMCA, including competitive salaries, health insurance, free gym membership, discounted program fees, generous 10% retirement contribution to the YMCA Retirement Fund.
WAYS TO APPLY
Download, complete and save a copy of the Employment Application. Email the completed application, along with a copy of your resume and cover letter, to the specific job ‘Email Contact’ below.
In-Person or Mail-In
Download, complete and print a copy of the job application. Bring the completed application, along with a copy of your resume and cover letter, to the Welcome Center at the Westport Weston Family YMCA or mail it to Westport Weston Family YMCA:
Attn: HR Dept., 14 Allen Raymond Lane, Westport, CT 06880.
Full Time Positions at the YMCA’s Bedford Family Center
Provides IT support throughout the Westport YMCA, including the campgrounds. This includes desktop support, maintaining the WIFI services, phone, and printer support, credentialing new employees and overall IT infrastructure support.
- Minimum one (5) years of experience working in an IT/Desktop support role; Includes onboarding/offboarding employees, maintaining a MS 365 environment and providing phone support services
- Significant experience with system/software integrations; Proven track record leading a software implementation project
- Experience providing infrastructure support which includes maintaining WIFI services, maintaining servers and managing Cyber security
- Bachelor’s degree Preferred
Youth & Teen Fitness / Chronic Disease Program Manager
The Youth & Teen Fitness / Chronic Disease Program Manager is a passionate, caring, individual with personal connection to and investment in healthy living, who will develop, organize, and implement high-quality community program(s) for both Youth/Teen and Senior members. Under the direction of the Chief Operations Officer (COO), This individual is responsible for all aspects of the programming, including staffing, supervision of staff, and YMCA standards, and parent and member communication and safety.
- 3+ years of youth or senior program experience including supervisory responsibilities.
- Previous experience managing a small to medium sized budget
- High school required; college degree preferred
- Experience implementing evidence-based program models, including targeting specific or underserved populations, managing referral relationships with health care providers, and implementing quality assurance and data collection protocols.
- Strong interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills, especially the ability to respond to parent and teen needs and concerns.
- Must be available Mon through Fri and be willing to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- YMCA approved First Aid, CPR and AED certified (may complete upon hire)
Part Time Positions at the YMCA’s Bedford Family Center
Aquatics – Lifeguards
Aquatics – Swim Instructors
Health & Wellness – Personal Trainer
We are looking to expand our team. If you hold a nationally accredited certification and have a proven track record in any of the below fields, we would love to hear from you.
Group Fitness Instructors
Gymnastics – Gymnastics Coach
Recreation classes and USAG TEAM- The Westport YMCA is seeking qualified individuals to coach in our gymnastic program. Coaching positions available throughout our recreation and class boys and girls programs and Level 3-10 optional and compulsory JO girls team program.
• Previous experience required
• Punctual and reliable
• Energetic and enthusiastic
• Demonstrate proper form and technique
• Team coaches must be able to lead stretching & conditioning and set up drills at each event
• Personal experience as a gymnast required
• Good communication skills