IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
Open Registration will continue through the second week of classes as long as spots are available.
Priority Registration for Family Members started on Saturday, August 6 at 8am. Wednesday, August 10 opened registration for adult and youth members.
Fall Session 2022 starts on Tuesday September 6, 2022 and ends on Sunday December 18, 2022
No Classes held on the following days:
Monday, September 26 Rosh Hashanah
Wednesday, October 5 Yom Kippur
Wednesday, November 23 to Sunday, November 27 Thanksgiving Break
UNDERSTANDING YMCA SWIM LESSON STAGES
The National YMCA swim lesson program is designed to teach safety, confidence and strength in the water in a supportive and nurturing environment. The program is organized into 3 main age categories and then the student will be assigned a stage based on their skill level.
Answer these questions about your child’s skill level to understand which stage the instructor may have assigned to your child.
POOL AND SWIM LESSON GUIDELINES
The Westport Weston Family YMCA is taking precautions to ensure the safety of all members, staff and participants. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Masks must be worn by children and adults around the small pool. Swimmers may remove their mask at the start of their lesson.
- Only one adult with swimmer who needs assistance is allowed to stay during their lesson.
- All spectators must remain sitting on the benches by the far wall and the bleachers by the Splash Pad.
- Locker rooms are available for changing purposes, but we encourage wrap and go as weather permits.
- Please arrive no more than 10 minutes before swim lesson.
- Instructors will wear face coverings at all times.
- Swimmers and adults will exit the deck though locker rooms
- Please do not walk behind the starting block end of the pool.*SUBJECT TO CHANGE BASED ON CT GUIDELINES
Cancellations by the Y
- Swim lesson participants register for classes on specific dates and times.
- Attendance in scheduled classes is the responsibility of the participant.
- We cannot provide makeup classes or allow the participants to attend a different class.
- If the Y cancels a program or event prior to the program commencement or event date, a full refund will be issued. The YMCA reserves the right to cancel any program or event that fails to meet enrollment requirements.
- If the Y cancels a program meeting date or dates, every effort will be made to offer a make-up for the canceled date(s). If a make-up date cannot be scheduled for any canceled date, a credit will be issued. If a make-up date is offered for the canceled date, no credits will be issued. No refunds will be issued for canceled meeting dates.
- Refund requests after withdrawal from a program must be made at least five business days prior to the program commencement date.
- Refunds resulting from participant withdrawal are subject to a $15 processing fee.
- Refund requests should be sent to the appropriate activity Director.
- All outstanding balances including YMCA charges and bank fees must be resolved before refunds will be issued.