ACTIVITY REFUND POLICY
At the Westport Weston YMCA, our mission is to enrich all people in spirit, mind, and body. We seek to accomplish this mission and support our community by providing quality programming in a safe environment. To assist us in scheduling qualified instructors and assure that we maintain proper instructor/participant ratios, we have established policies limiting the conditions and time frames in which we can make changes to class rosters and/or provide refunds of Activity fees. Policy Exceptions by Directors or documented in activity/class handbooks/flyers supersede the following.
CANCELLATIONS BY THE Y:
• If the Y cancels a program or event prior to the program commencement or event date, a full refund will be issued. The YMCA reserves the right to cancel any program or event that fails to meet enrollment requirements.
• If the Y cancels a program meeting date or dates, every effort will be made to offer a make-up for the cancelled date(s). If a make-up date cannot be scheduled for any cancelled date, a credit will be issued. If a make-up date is offered for the cancelled date, no credits will be issued. No refunds will be issued for those who cannot attend the make-up date.
• Withdrawal from programming, or special events, at least five business days prior to the program commencement date will receive a full credit. The account credit is good for use up to one year from the credit date.
• After a program commences, pro-rated credits will be issued only for participant withdrawal due to medical reasons, verified in writing by a physician. Refund requests must be submitted to the Y, no later than the last day of the session.
• Refund requests should be sent to the appropriate activity Director.
• All outstanding balances including YMCA charges and bank fees must be resolved before refunds will be issued.