GET UP AND MOVE SWIM LESSONS
During these uncertain times we are looking for some ways to find some type of normal. As much as the YMCA misses all our swimmers, we know that we need to stay home in order to protect ourselves and others.
Parents are working from home, children could be getting restless. Why not have a swim practice from home! Below the Aquatics staff have worked hard to make a compilation of tips and exercises parents and little swimmers can do to get ready for the return of swim lessons, as well as SUMMER!
For Parent and Child Swimmers:
GRAB YOUR SWIMSUIT AND FAVORITE RUBBER DUCK AND GET IN THE TUB!
- Lay on your belly (with assistance from an adult) and practice kicking your feet
- Lay on your belly (with assistance from an adult) and practice scooping your hands
- Sit in the tub and practice blowing bubbles
- Parents pour water over child’s face/head and encourage them to blow the water away.
- Lay on our back (with assistance from an adult) put your ears in the water, and look up at the ceiling
Sing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, or favorite song to keep child relaxed. Encourage your child to sing with you! Keep your child comfortable in the water will mak coming back to swim lessons familiar.