If you are 75 years of age or older, you qualify for Phase 1b, and are currently eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. If you have already heard from your medical provider about receiving the vaccine, you do not need to do anything else – if you have not, several scheduling options are available to you.
The YMCA is sharing these directions to assist our members.
Below are the steps needed to register and get and appointment through the Department of Public Health’s Vaccine Administration Management System (VAMS):
IT IS A TWO STEP PROCESS
- Create a VAMS Account
- Schedule an appointment to get your vaccine
***Each person needs their own EMAIL ACCOUNT to schedule an appointment***
Tips when creating your VAMS Account:
- When asked if you have registered in VAMs before please select no.
- Enter your state and county and then CDC will email you a number verification that you will enter into the pop up box. Once that number is entered it will prompt you to create a password that meets all the requirements that are listed on the page (be sure to write your password down as you will need it for logging in to VAMs next time).
- Next you will begin your registration process by entering your information.
- For the question concerning race you will highlight your race in the box on the left and hit the arrow aiming to the right to move it into the empty box on the right
- Continue to fill in your information-if the page does not advance after you hit next (located in the bottom right) look back at the questions and find the one with the red information letting you know what you missed. The VAMs system does not like special characters (dashes, commas, etc.) so please do not use them. Questions with a red asterisk * are required.
- Once you have entered all of your information hit submit. You will then receive an email that says: “Next steps to schedule your vaccine appointment”
- Click on the link in the email to select and place to get your vaccine and the time and day. (you may have to click on future dates to find a list of open appointment times)
Those without internet access can call Connecticut’s COVID Vaccine Appointment Assistance Line at 877-918-2224.
We hope this information is helpful to you. If you need further guidance, do not hesitate to reach out to the YMCA for assistance or call the Appointment Assistance line at 877-918-2224.