The Westport Weston Family YMCA will be offering American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification classes.
Description: American Red Cross programs are designed to prepare individuals to become certified lifeguards in the pool and waterfront aquatic environments. All American Red Cross Lifeguard Certifications are valid for two years.
Each class will consist of classroom, online work and pool time. For the water portion of the program participants need to bring a bathing suit, goggles, swim cap and towel. For the classroom portion, participants need a pen & notebook. Online course work will be emailed at least one week prior to the course beginning and must be completed by the start of the course.
- 15 years of age prior to the last scheduled day of class.
- Swim 300 yards continuously (NO STOPPING), goggles are permitted.
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards using front crawl or breaststroke, surface dive 7 to 10 feet, retrieve a 10-pound object, return to the surface, swim 20 yards back to the starting point with the object (in both hands and object on your chest) and exit the water without using a ladder or steps, within 1 minute, 40 seconds.
- Tread water for 2 minutes without using hands
Certification Requirements: Each candidate needs to successfully pass/complete all of the following:
- Written Test
- Water Test
- Mandatory Attendance (students cannot miss any classes, there are NO make-ups)
- Online Course Work
Fee: Lifeguard Certification fee for YMCA members is $425; $475 for non-member. No refunds will be given one week before the start of the class.
Aug 10-11 Aug 15-16 Sept 14-15 Sept 28-29
Oct 5-6 Oct 19-20 Nov 2-3 Nov 23-24
Nov 30-Dec 1 Dec 14-15 Dec 28-29
Re-certifications are $230 Members/$260 non-members. No refunds will be given one week before the start of the class.
Aug 10 Aug 15 Sept 14 Sept 28
Oct 5 Oct 19 Nov 2 Nov 23
Nov 30 Dec 14 Dec 28
To register please Click Here!
Contact: Colleen Carroll, Assistant Aquatics Director, (203) 226- 8981 ext. 121, email@example.com