Dear YMCA Members and Friends,
Thank you for your warm welcome. I am delighted and honored to be your new CEO and look forward to serving you and this vibrant community. Please feel free to say hello when you’re next in the building as I’d like to become acquainted with you.
If you haven’t heard already, I have some good news to share. Last week, Governor Lamont and state and local authorities lifted many restrictions for vaccinated individuals in CT. Thus, it is with great enthusiasm that I invite and welcome you to our Y.
What does this mean for you?
- Starting immediately, our YMCA is a mask optional facility. Vaccinated individuals no longer need to wear a mask while doing a group exercise class or working out in the Wellness Center, while playing basketball or pickleball, or walking on the pool deck or through our facility. Masks are still required in childcare and school age settings per the Office of Early childhood. We ask that our members and staff honor and follow CDC guidelines for vaccinated individuals, particularly as they pertain to masks and social distancing. Also, if you are vaccinated and feel more comfortable wearing a mask, you should!
- We know you’ll be happy to learn:
- We offer more than 50 in-person and virtual group fitness classes each week. Our group fitness instructors are eager to see you at the Y. You can reserve your spot here.
- Starting June, 1, lap swim capacity will double and you’ll no longer have to make a reservation to reserve a lane. Additionally, if you choose to swim for longer than sixty minutes, you’ll be able to do so.
- The sauna and steam room are open for your use, starting immediately.
- Gymnastics Team parents/guardians are welcome to observe their child on Mondays and Thursdays from our waiting area. Per local authorities, masks are required in our gymnastics area.
- Swim Team parents/guardians may watch their swimmer’s practice on Mondays, Thursdays, and Saturdays from the observation deck. Per local authorities, masks are required in the swim observation area.
- Personal Training will help you achieve your fitness goals in a post-covid world. Our certified instructors are ready to help you on your wellness journey.
- Safety around water and minimizing the risk of drowning is a key YMCA priority. Group and individual swim lessons are now available.
- We’re diligently working to clear our summer camp waitlist and have added more summer camps for you to consider.
- If your membership is on hold, we invite you to reactivate your membership to take advantage of our fabulous Outdoor Center with its large, heated lap pool, family splash pad, two giant slides, access to the waterfront for canoeing and more. The Outdoor Center is open to members only from June 1 through September 30.
- If you have a friend who is not yet a member at our Y, please invite them to stop by the Y and let our Membership staff know they are interested to Try the Y for free for a week. We confident that our world class facility and our wonderful Outdoor Center will wow them.
- Finally, our Y welcomes all and financial assistance is available to those who need it.
We hope you know that we’ve missed you at our Y and we can’t wait to see you soon. Here’s to a happy and healthy return to normalcy in the days ahead.
CEO, Westport Weston Family YMCA
To sign up or reactivate your membership, contact:
Member Engagement Director